Best Answer

Need help creating an Assessment

• 29 September 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I’ve been tasked with adding an assessment to a course that will all staff to select if they: 

1. Strongly Agree
  2. Agree
  3. Disagree
  4. Strongly Disagree 

with a particular statement. However, no matter what they choose I need to assign a points value and give each answer points of 0-4. Then at the end I need it to give a total score. 

I can’t figure out a test option that will make this work. Also note, each question the points values for those four options will be different. So on the first question Agree may be worth 1 point, but the very next question agree could be worth 4. 

Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated! 

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 2 October 2023, 17:03

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

The ‘single choice’ question type only allows for a single correct answer but you can also assign a point value for incorrect answers so you could then tabulate what combination of answers generates what specific score...or it you use the ‘multiple choice’ question type, you can make them all correct answers, each with a point value and then perhaps add a last default option that says, “no answer” with a zero point value. In the latter, there is a risk that users could choose more than one answer so you could add test to the question that says, “choose 1 answer only”...Not the most elegant but it should work.