Nested Learning Plans

Show first post

28 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@Adam Ballhaussen I know more visibility around suggestions was mentioned in the new release webinar, this topic would be a great place to start 😉

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for the tag @angel.maenza. I’m no longer (by employment) a Docebian so I have far less influence over things like this these days 🙂

With that said, I’m still a Docebo customer (using Docebo daily) and still a Docebian at heart 💙

I gave this thread another read after this tag. I stand by the recommendations I made previously and am still sensitive to the complexities associated with the concept of “Nested Learning Plans”. The concept feels sort of like asking Facebook to allow us as users to create “Albums” inside of “Albums”. “Albums” on Facebook are inherently designed to only support having “Photos” inside them. That feels similar to the relationship between “Learning Plans” and “Courses” in Docebo today. Changing that hierarchy would have highly complex impacts on a lot of areas of the platform.

I’m no Product Manager, but I wager that one of the most helpful things Docebo customers who are interested in this functionality could do would be to record a video or create a diagram that shows how your content is structured in Docebo today, details what obstacles you face given the current content structure, and highlights how the concept of “Nested Learning Plans” or “Learning Plan Bundles” might help improve your life as a Superadmin.

I’ve still never encountered a content organization use case that I couldn’t solve with Docebo’s current content hierarchy. It takes some creative problem solving, but I’m a big fan of the options available with Catalogs, Learning Plans, Courses, and Training Materials. I fully concede that the admin experience/usability/UI of the Learning Plan page could use a massive overhaul.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Thanks for the response.  In terms of our use case we want to create a leadership development programme.  The programme consists of (what I'm going to call) ‘buckets’ of courses that relate to a different area of leadership (using the leadership model we use).  In my mind each bucket could be a learning plan that consists of, say 5 courses.  Each time they complete all courses within any bucket the users would gain a certificate.  If they were to complete all buckets, then they complete the programme.

That’s one use case. Without using nested learning plans the in I'm interested how users can be notified the completion of, and be rewarded with a certificate for, the over all programme.  

I also wanted to use badges for this but without being able to create badge notifications it was a waste of time.

Of course the other thing that would be magical here would be the feature of ‘optional’ modules in each bucket/plan but we can’t do that either.