New Statistics fields ??

• 30 August 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I have noticed some new report fields in the “New reports”  statistics section

• % Of Course Consumed From The Launcher
  • Time Of The Session Spent By The User From The Launcher

I cannot find any details of what these are actually measuring and what is “the Launcher”?

Cheers

Gary

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey Gary!

These data points are related to a new Module we are introducing called “Flow”. Basically, this module grants the possibility to embed parts of the Docebo Platform (specifically, some learner-facing ones like the course player) into external softwares/websites/portals etc. The general context here is to enable learning in the flow of work, by surfacing relevant courseware directly in external systems where some training could be beneficial. From a reporting perspective, we wanted to give the admin some idea of where users are taking content (in the Docebo system, or via the external system), so that’s why we’ve introduced those data points. 

Nate

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thx for the update @natemadel ...sounds very interesting...is there any way we can see a preview of this new tool? We had asked to be part of the beta but I never heard any news...Let me know. Thx

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hey @lrnlab! I’d like to involve my colleague here who is managing the beta for Flow. At the very least, I’d wager he can give you some more info. @ryan.s can you help?

Nate

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thx @natemadel I ask because I have a client who has use cases that sounds like Docebo Flow would be able to address so it would be great to know more and perhaps have a chance to test it out...Loo forward to hearing from @ryan.s 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @lrnlab, would be happy to share some info about Flow and get you set up with a trial. You can find some time on my calendar here but in the meantime, I’ll provide some info below.

As @natemadel mentioned, Flow was designed as a way to enable learning in the flow of work. We wanted to take the best parts of the learning experience from the LMS, and let organizations surface them in their own products (for customer education) or internal tools & systems (for employee learning). 

Admins will be able to easily configure different learning experiences (“launchers”) using different widgets. For each launcher, a snippet of JavaScript is generated - which can be used to embed Docebo in the external systems. Once implemented, learners using these external systems can then consume content and more without needing to go to the LMS. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Thx @ryan.s this sounds like exactly what we need...I’ll book you soon.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

That sounds very useful @ryan.s - one question - assuming it is not just the entire LMS embedded but a specific course/courses via that js snippet - how is authentication handled? Will the user be required to authenticate and, if so, how would that happen?

Userlevel 4
Badge

@mark hey Mark! Currently, the Flow SDK requires an access token in order to “launch the launcher”. The access token can be generated and retrieved through an API call to Docebo within your code. We’re evaluating whether or not we will allow a basic user sign-in, but currently we feel that an automated “behind the scenes” authentication provides a better experience for this type of application. We’re also working on supporting enterprise SSO methods in the future.