Notification to manager: your staff member has been enrolled on a session

• 9 August 2023
  • 5 replies

I think this has been raised before but here goes…..   I enrol new starters into an induction ILT session. The new starter gets a notification to RSVP but at the same time I want their manager to know that they have been enrolled  so that they are can ‘encourage their staff memeber to attend’  Managers are power users. I can't get a notification sent to the manager at the time of enrollment.   What notification can I use. I have tried the user enrolled onto a session, and as there isn't a ‘manager’ option to sent it to,  I have selected the  ‘power user’ option but can’t get this to work either.  What am I doing wrong?  Is there a work around? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

if your managers are power users, the PU option should work. Are you receiving other emails? Or check your junk folder. Think the ‘user enrolled in a course’ has a manager option though. You need to create a separate notification for each user type.

Thanks, yes,  your are right,  I do have 2 separate notifications but unfortunately the manager option isn't available in this type of notification - so I’ll keep testing the power user option for the managers.  Off to check my junk folder now….. I suspect user error, and the user is me! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Also check that the PU is in the branch or group connected to the notification.

Good point thanks

Userlevel 4

Related to this, having the ability to “Add Manager” to Notification, especially HR scenarios would be extremely useful. Does anyone have a solution for this too?

Thanks!