Best Answer

Notification which course is selected ?

• 20 January 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Dear all

I’m still having a hard time using the notification table when creating/updating them. Here I have selected 8 courses… but no way to filter or understand which ones were selected ! Any recommendation ? or upgrade scheduled on this basic “table filtering need”

I saw this

… but no news about it

icon

Best answer by Annarose.Peterson 20 January 2023, 14:31

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Oh yes, an overhaul of the notification pages is desperately needed.  This is something that I have struggled with.  Unfortunately, to double check if you have selected the correct courses, you need to search the course names again to make sure they are selected on the list. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

yup, you have to search for those that are checked off...it helps if you can recreate a search that can pair down the results. If you enable the notifications for only a few courses that may not have a relationship (in terms of searching) you might want to keep a log of what you‘ve configured.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

We ended up creating a spreadsheet that lists all the notifications we use, and the courses associated with those notifications.  Its manual but its the only way to keep track of it all given there is no way to organise that notification list in the system.  It desperately needs a face lift.

Userlevel 4

I’ve established naming conventions for courses that tell the story of the files so it makes searching easier. We have an enterprise system so lots of content!

For example:

OI-EL0386-DL

which is

OI = myDomain 

EL = an eLearning

0386 = the course number in my spreadsheet

DL = it is downloadable

and

OU-ILT-V-SA101

which is

OU = anotherDomain 

ILT = an Instructor-Led course

V = Virtual offering rather than in-person Classroom (C)

SA101 = the course code that corresponds with the course title

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I agree this is a total disaster for me. we have around 500 courses and 50% are ILT, 50% e-learning.

I want 1 enrolment notification for all e-learning and a different one for the ILTs. I cannot change my codes or course titles so as to make use of the search/filter function.

There are so many areas where the filter function is needed (notifications, gamification, etc.) how do we raise this to a higher priority for Docebo?