Question

Notifications for New Users Created Via User Sync

• 23 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello, we create our new users via user sync for external users and via the nightly CSV import for internal users.  (salesforce integration)

We would like to send a Welcome to Our Company email directly from the LMS when a new internal user is created via the nightly CSV import process.  The notification option:  “User has been created (by administrator” which "Triggers when a Superadmin creates a new user account." works well when I do it manually for both the internal and external groups get different emails. 

What I am trying to figure out: Can we use the automated user creation notification when we are using the out of the box integration with Salesforce to create new users. to send the users that are created automatically the notification?  And if not, is there another notification that would work in this case? 

3 replies

Userlevel 4

Did you figure a way to do this? We’re in the same situation and would like an automated way to notify users when an account is created for them.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Did you figure a way to do this? We’re in the same situation and would like an automated way to notify users when an account is created for them.

As far as I am aware the only way to do this with JIT (automated) provisioned users is as follows:

Enroll new users to some sort of new user course which ONLY new users will be enrolled into  

Instead of sending a user created notification, send a notification related to that course enrollment, and use it as a “welcome to the LMS” trigger. 

It is best if the course has actual content. Some sort of intro to the LMS course would probably be useful in any given use case. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

We created a group and enrolled all of our employees into that group using automation rules. THEN AFTER the group was created, we set up a notification for User Enrolled into a Group, and as new employees were hired, they entered the group and got that notification. So very similar to @lrodman but using a group instead of a course. If you don’t set up the group first and add all your current employees, they will get the email so very important to create the group first.