Question

Path to Images in Docebo?

• 2 December 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello and thank you in advance!

Where do I find the web server address for adding images to an iframe in a html widget?

I’m vague on where it may be. Is there a place where I can view the path of all images uploaded across the platform?

I know where to upload images for courses and widgets and went to the image UI for both, I get lost from there.

Thank you again for your time! nick

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi - so my understanding - (and @Adam Ballhaussen correct me if I am wrong) is that there is a “shared S3 bucket” going on. You would access the bucket when you want to load images and such…and can retrieve a url to the image. But access controls are in place by author so one cannot see the others folder structure. I have heard folks recommend a single shared account? To make something like gathering urls more straightforward…please someone correct me if I am wrong….

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@dklinger do you mean we have access to a Docebo content server directly? Can you elaborate? Thx

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@dklinger do you mean we have access to a Docebo content server directly? Can you elaborate? Thx

No @lrnlab - let me clarify - purely the links from uploading images into the HTML widget. Those links can be used to display those images elsewhere with your HTML and other HTML widgets.

A person can game it and upload a ton of images hold onto those images for their HTML later.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@ncassella If you are using Microsoft Edge and you right click on an image, you can choose the option to Open Image in a New Tab. That will give you the URL for that image. Is that what you were looking for?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Thank you for your suggestions.  @spotratz when you say right click the image where do you do this?

I may not know the name of the image I uploaded. Lets say I uploaded 100 images for example and they are not being used yet in the platform. At a later time, I want to look through them to find the correct one, then get the path of that image so I can put the path in my iframe.
@dklinger Yes, your clarification with @lrnlab is correct. I just want to be able to pick out a specific image that was uploaded to the platform to strictly obtain the path of that image. For use in Html widgets.

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

No @lrnlab - let me clarify - purely the links from uploading images into the HTML widget. Those links can be used to display those images elsewhere with your HTML and other HTML widgets.

A person can game it and upload a ton of images hold onto those images for their HTML later.

gotcha...yes and I also use the “inspect” on the browser developer console to grab the url and/or download some assets we use throughout the site

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@ncassella ah okay. Yeah, my method assumes the image shows on your site somewhere. One thing you could possibly do is create a course you don’t publish and plug those images into an HTML page. That would create the links you need following the method I suggested. 

1. Create a course
  2. add an HTML page
  3. Insert the images you’ve uploaded or just paste in new images
  4. save it
  5. hit the play button in the upper right
  6. open the HTML page
  7. then follow the method I suggested earlier.

Haven’t tested this but I believe it should work.

Userlevel 3

Hi everyone,

You have access to the AWS server by using the HTML widget in a page, once there, click the WYSIWYG editor and there is an upload image button. From there you can see all images uploaded by the account you’re logged into. 

There is a video posted somewhere in the community showing how to do this. I’ll see if I can dig it out later today (unless @nick.tosto has the link handy!)

Using a shared account is a good option as suggested.