Best Answer

Self-registration: Take learners to LMS right away?

• 3 February 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
  • Helper II
  • 26 replies

I hope to achieve the following:

• Change the current behavior: A user self-registers and they get the “Request sent” screen.
  • to this intended behavior: A user self-registers and once they send their information, they are immediately taken to the LMS and can start learning.
  • Optional behavior: If a user doesn’t verify their email address within a certain limit, their account is suspended
  • Or else: Set an automatic, short expiry date for the user. A facilitator verifies the user (this happens anyway) and removes their expiry date / completes an additional field / adds them to a group or similar to give them longer access

Is any or all of that possible?

For context, we are creating a free learning program where every learner is contacted by a facilitator, so we can weed out anyone who’s not supposed to be there then. Alternatively, we’re considering turning our single learning plan into two so that the first one with 3 out of 12 modules is available right away but only verified users can complete the entire program.

icon

Best answer by LSP 20 February 2022, 02:40

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I found the problem:

When I originally changed the Advanced Settings > Self Registration to free self registration and “Do not send confirmation email at self registration” it didn’t change anything.

However, we’re running the Extended Enterprise version and changing it to the settings above in the main portal instead of the subportal I was working in did the trick.

It would be useful to have a hint that these settings can be set at main portal and subportal level and that main portal level settings override the subportal ones (it even allows the settings to differ without error or warning)