Best Answer

Skill Management

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hey all! I have to admit I am excited about Skill Management, but feel like it was turned on “for us” without me having much time to prepare! I got in to start setting up our platform, but found that I already have users assigned to a few of our skills. I’m struggling to figure out how I can identify which staff members have signed up for the skills? Has anyone figured this out yet? I searched in Knowledge Base but can’t find anything about reporting. Thanks for any help you can provide! 

icon

Best answer by ryan.s 4 May 2021, 20:23

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@Stephanie Dreiling, same boat.  Guessing it was shared with us at some point, but never explained...

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I send the same feedback as we need to know and also have something ready for the team before this goes live. My CSM is preparing something for us by Friday. I will share this with you 

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@Stephanie Dreiling Not sure how to find out who signed up but I went to Skills Management and made sure none of the skills were “published” assuming that would turn it off for our users. :thinking: Unfortunately, I don’t think we will be able to use the skills because we have a few that are key for us that aren’t in the skills catalog. :rolling_eyes: Hoping one day we can add our own. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Subscribing to this post.  Trying to see how we can utilize it for external clients, so I’m curious to see how others are using it. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi Steph,

great question and I don’t see an obvious way to do this either, I’d like to know too!  I think we’re in the same boat as everyone else here, I can see the potential but still working out how we’ll use it.  It would be great to be able to add our own skills, but we’re stuck with the existing ones and the education skills bank isn’t really very good for our user base.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Agree with Cindy. I’m looking forward to using this for our reseller and end-customer training but we are missing some key skills. 

I see a nice use case for onboarding new users to the platform- and I would be very interested also to get reporting on the chosen skills because this will tell us a lot about our users without having to send another survey.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey everyone!

There was a minor issue with the release process, where some customers had logged in during the release window of Skills, causing their opt-in to be affected. These customers may have had Skills activated in their platforms by accident.

Going forward… Skills will be enabled if and when the Admin opts in during their first login after the release. Then, Skills will be “on” within the platform. If the customer is using Discover, Coach & Share, then the “All Skills” set will be active by default, inheriting the same viability that existed in the DC&S setting.

If you were affected by the issue, or accidentally opted in, Docebo Support can help to get your platform adjusted “back to normal”. Also, if there are missing skills you want to suggest to Docebo, feel free to DM me! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Thanks @ryan.s I’ll be taking you up on that offer shortly, just pulling together a list of what we’d like to see.

Joanna

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello everyone! I am so excited about Skills as well. What you are seeing in your platform is the first iteration of Skills. There is so much to come. Right now the process is manual meaning that you need to add your skills to your courses and assets (in Coach and Share) to allow them to be pulled when the learner chooses that skill. Next up...this is done for you using AI. This will be a huge help as you move forward. 

Speaking of the skills, there are 1000s of skills in the library. It is really robust. Keep your eye on Skills for the future and take @ryan.s up on his offer to share what skills you want so this is the best it can be. 

Let’s keep talking about this!!!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello everyone! I am so excited about Skills as well. What you are seeing in your platform is the first iteration of Skills. There is so much to come. Right now the process is manual meaning that you need to add your skills to your courses and assets (in Coach and Share) to allow them to be pulled when the learner chooses that skill. Next up...this is done for you using AI. This will be a huge help as you move forward. 

Speaking of the skills, there are 1000s of skills in the library. It is really robust. Keep your eye on Skills for the future and take @ryan.s up on his offer to share what skills you want so this is the best it can be. 

Let’s keep talking about this!!!

Thanks Allie, I’ve shared our skills list with Ryan and it’s good to hear that the AI is coming.