Question

Test Answers: Breakdown by question

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I want to see a breakdown of test answers by question. For example, how many people missed Question 1, Q2, Q3, etc. to help guide instruction. I know how to get the report within the reports section of the quiz, but that shows me answers by student. Yes, I know I can use Excel but I REALLY thought to see the breakdown per question, I needed to use the Docebo Test option and it was available within the GUI (not as an exported xls doc).

I see an “Answers Breakdown” button when using SCORM but that never seems to work (SCORM 2004 3rd Edition). 

Can anyone help?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @nichole.chandler are you asking whether the reports for a native Docebo test can be viewed in the same way that the reports provide for SCORM object? Actually providing and on-screen roll up off the answers? If so, I haven't seen any such option...that said, the export of quiz questions and answers via the training material statistics tab works very well and only requires a couple quick formulas to recap the % of who answered correctly vs. not.

in the export, each question has a column called, “answer is correct”. I use the COUNTIF formula to tally up all the “yes”s and “no”s and then add a simple math formula to calculate the % who got it right vs. wrong.

Formula: =COUNTIF([define the range here],"yes") and then same for “no”

then divide the “no”s by the “yes”s to get the %

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I want to see a breakdown of test answers by question. For example, how many people missed Question 1, Q2, Q3, etc. to help guide instruction. I know how to get the report within the reports section of the quiz, but that shows me answers by student. Yes, I know I can use Excel but I REALLY thought to see the breakdown per question, I needed to use the Docebo Test option and it was available within the GUI (not as an exported xls doc).

This would be a good one for an “idea”.  It would also be good if this data could be easily queried through the API.

Userlevel 4
Badge

I am also publishing courses with Assessments that require a passing score. Using Articulate Storyline or Rise, I am pubishing using SCORM 2004 3rd Edition, and I can see the Answers breakdown report. 

However, the Answers Breakdown report is scrambled. If I have a 10 question quiz, I’m seeing more than 10 questions on the report, and those beyond 10 are duplicates. All of the questions have multiple responses on them that are NOT associated with the question (they are associated with other questions), so the data is completely OFF. 

Is this because I have set the Assessment to randomize answers and responses? 

Docebo should be able to handle this setting and report correctly, shouldn’t it?

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

have not notified this on the answer breakdown report but have seen something similar on individual user results where's if the user takes the assessment note than once, the additional tries are tacked on to the initial one; so for a 10 question test, you can see 20, 20, 40 responses (1o for each time the assessment was attempted)