Question

Test training material does not provide user with passing mark

• 19 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a course with a Test training material. Although the Score Management has a passing percentage of 85% or higher, no one can earn a passing mark (green circle) when they score higher than 85%.

Is there another option somewhere in the settings that I might be missing?

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @brandonmaldonado -

You could try adjusting the settings under the Properties tab → Advanced Settings → Score & Credits. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you @LNew. I previously adjusted the settings to reflect that the calculation and bookmark pull from the Test training material. 

Since I originally posted, I had another user pass the test with a score of 89.50%. She still received the incorrect feedback message even though her point threshold should have sent the passing message. Docebo also marked her as failed (red circle) and not passed. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

@brandonmaldonado I’ll caveat this by saying that I’m no test expert. But looking at your initial screenshot, it appears that you have as 363 as your Maximum Score per Question. I’m thinking that might be the issue, or part of it. The first setting is related to the test as a whole, but that third setting relates (at least according to the screen text) to the question level.

Also, is your point allocation correct and consistent on the Edit screen of each question? (correct vs. incorrect)

Userlevel 1
Badge

@LNew  It’s a great observation. I always took that third tier as we have the option to customize the score per question, or to not implement any form of customization. I have the “Do Nothing” option enabled because I want a straight up scoring.

In the case of this particular test, the max number of cumulative points works out to 363. Users need to earn 308 points to earn what we deem as a passing score of 85% or higher. Folks are earning that score but they keep getting marked as not passing.