Best Answer

Training Material - Assignment

• 23 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Greetings,

When setting up an assignment type training material. In both the Instructions and Description there is an option to “Insert File” and “Insert Image.”  What is the difference? Both seem to only allow images. I would like to insert a pdf in the Assignment type training material.

Please advise...

icon

Best answer by LNew 28 November 2022, 14:29

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @gberry,

From what I can tell, there’s very little difference between the two options. “Insert file” allows you access a folder titled “Your images collection.” These are image files that you have already uploaded, but you can upload a new file from this window as well. “Insert/edit image” brings up a window that also allows you to access the “Your images collection” folder (or upload a new image), but provides you with fields to add an image description, or edit the image dimensions.

The only other options (for uploading something into the Assignment instructions or description) appear to be “insert/embed a video,” and “insert/edit link.” If your PDF is available in a shared space, the latter might be a viable option. Otherwise, you could add a File-type training material to your course, and arrange it so that it appears/is accessed before the Assignment. 

Not the most elegant solution, but hopefully that helps.

I guess ultimately for the sake of better user experience it would be nice to be able to download some instructions (e.g. a pdf file), while in the Assignment training material type. That way your not jumping to separate training materials