Question

User has been created (by administrator) groups

• 4 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I want to send a new user email to one group of people. I can only select a branch not a group. On every other notification if it says “select custom branches and/or groups’ I can select a group as well. If this just my platform having a special moment or is this the only option we have?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I’m gonna take a guess and say they could not guarantee a user would be processed into a group by the rules of the groups when a new user email is triggered, it could get queued, so stuck to just branches which are pretty solidly set on user creation, so to avoid appearance of bugginess or inconsistent behavior on it, removed the option.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @Lucy.blake there is another notification called, user added to a group, if that helps. Maybe you can build a group to contain all your new users and build off of that? Just not sure who it goes to...might just be the super admin or PU’s

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@lrnlab I’m not sure who the email goes to to notify someone has been added to a group as it says audience in the information about it which I think means the rest of the group. At the moment I’m having to create new branches for this new notification which is a hassle but should work.