Best Answer

What is the best way or ways to attach a completely optional self assessment quiz to a course?

• 3 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I want users who don’t do the quiz to get a course completion and be able to download a PDF completion certificate, without generating problems for me.

I’ve been doing these as “separate courses” so far to avoid problems.

icon

Best answer by elliott.vickrey 28 February 2023, 16:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@lrodman I haven’t done this, but maybe as a course widget? If you put it as a training material it will count towards course completion, and that defeats the “completely optional” goal.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @lrodman, you may have figured this out already, but there is a way to add an optional quiz to a course.

1. Place the quiz as the last training material in the course.
  2. Set the training material before it as the End Object Marker.

As shown in the screenshot below, this will trigger course completion when the training material before the test is completed.

The only caveat is that this will mean the ONLY required material is the End Object Marker. In a course with additional required materials, I would suggest setting them as prerequisites to the End Object Marker. That way, they will have to be completed before the learner receives their certificate.

I hope this helps! There’s more information about End Object Markers in this KB article, by the way, though I imagine you’re familiar. :)