Question

Window size for scorm

• 31 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi,

I wonder if anyone (who might be a scorm expert) knows the answer to this.  We have uploaded a scorm file which works fine on our current Blackboard VLE, but on upload to Docebo it doesn't render correctly.  I expect this is an issue with the scorm file settings but just wanted to check to see if anyone has experienced this before.  The screen looks the same regardless of which player setting i choose e.g. inline, new window etc.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Curious… just some questions to maybe help get some wheels turning...

When you publish your project - are you publishing to a fixed width or as a scaling project? Does your authoring tool allow for those choices?

Your screen looks a little different than mine does… are you using some custom CSS that could be affecting this view?

What choices are you selecting here?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Thanks for your response.  Unfortunately I'm not the author of this scorm file so i can’t comment on the settings.  The e-learning played fine on our other platform which is why i wondered if it was something happening on the docebo end, but i suspect your right in that its something to do with a scaling setting in the file itself.

In terms of the Docebo settings, i tried all of those tick boxes for desktop and all of them resulted in the same way.  I haven't change the CSS for a e-learning course.  when I go to the course it looks like this.

...and when i launch the training (so in this case if I click ‘start learning’) it just launches the e-learning as shown in my first image).

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I ask about the CSS because I noticed in your first image that there is a box around the close button in the upper right.

I tried rescaling my window and zooming but could not recreate that box.

This wouldn’t be CSS for e-learning necessarily but some sort of platform-wide custom CSS that somehow touches that object. You can see a close box of mine without that box around it.

Also - does this affect all your SCORM uploads or just this one?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Im not sure what that box is around the close button - i just checked and its not there so not sure why it appeared in my picture.  in any case i dont think it relates to this specific issue.