Best Answer

youtube embeds in courses

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Can I legally embed things like ted talks or educational videos by universities in some wellness courses on yoga, diet and exercise? We charge our customers for access to our docebo.

We don't sell the wellness courses, they are free to anyone who has access to the platform.

icon

Best answer by dklinger 28 July 2022, 17:24

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lrodman - the answer is not really. Especially if you are charging people to come into the system, your legal standing with fair use becomes a slippery slope.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That’s what I figured.

I got specific permission from Docebo and Articulate for embeds, copypasta and republishing in any form.

Does anyone know if I can fair use repost tutorials by adobe about Adobe Captivate? Some of my users will be using this. I presume Adobe allows republishing of their tutorials the same as Docebo and Articulate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

When in doubt @lrodman - to avoid an issue? Your approach of ask has typically been my way of making sure that I can leverage a groups assets. Even federal assets at times - we have circled around to ensure we are doing right by teams.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

In addition to being EVP learning my boss is also corporate counsel 🤣

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I presume putting a hyperlink to a YouTube video’s page is legal, yes? Especially if I include commentary like “some of our favorite 5 minute meditation videos”?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Similarly, aside from curating links to YouTube pages as above, I assume externally linking (new window hyperlink) to a YouTube search on something like “5 minute meditation” or “5 minute morning yoga” is also legit?

I would think both scenarios fall under “editorializing” fair use if nothing else.