Adding animated GIFs to tests

• 15 July 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share an idea to enhance tests in Docebo's native test builder. Some of you may already be doing this, but did you know that you can add animated GIFs to questions created in the builder? This is a good alternative to MP4 files (which are not supported) and is a great way to jog visual memory when asking questions about topics covered in a video. We use Camtasia to convert short video clips to GIFs, but you could also use one of the free GIF makers available on the web.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Great suggestion @Daniel!

Speaking of GIFs (however you do pronounce it), you can also leverage them for a more engaging Badge icon experience.

Something similar to this can add some flair and excitement to the experience although developing your own is certainly a way to go as well! 😀

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Great suggestion!  I love workarounds, but also want to keep pushing on product development to add more functionality that is common in top-shelf products.

What would you think of putting together a wish list of features we’d like to see in the built-in test builder and submitting them as an idea?

I’ll start:

1. vector images like SVGs
  2. audio or video snippets
  3. hover/magnifier over image for a larger version (think how you can view eBay product images)
  4. mark a question to come back to it
Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hi @elamast - Excellent suggestion! I found the following idea that covers number 2 on your list!