Question

Administrative Dashboard

• 26 April 2022
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2

Hey! We are trying to create a dashboard in Docebo so that our admins have quick links to frequently used admin tasks/menu items without having to navigate away from the dashboard every time. Example: adding users to our Admin dashboard page for quick access. 

All I can think of is to add a bunch of custom content boxes that link out to those pages. I am wondering if anyone has done anything similar and could share some inspiration! 

Thanks! @AshB @Jamie T. 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Stephanie.mozingo custom content boxes and the image widget are definitely the quickest and easiest ways to create a launch page...here’s one we’ve used in the past using custom content boxes

Userlevel 2

Hey! That looks great! Would you mind sharing your dimensions you used for the custom content boxes? That’s one thing we struggle with when using those. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I’d agree with @lrnlab in terms of the most straight-forward solution (and that page link doesn’t need to be published in any menus). If you wanted something fancier that was just for admins (like a hidden window that pops up/slides in with admin tools), then you’d need to resort to an unsupported way of introducing JavaScript to add the screen into Docebo’s code upon page load.

I don’t think I’m allowed to publish scripts here, but I can tell you it is do-able.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

These are just the standard custom content boxes without the Title and Sub Titles. Just use the button option and the boxes are set to the smallest height (as seen above)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi, @Stephanie.mozingo Here’s our Admin dashboard.  Mostly it is custom content boxes, but we also added some links to other resources, and sometimes put other widgets on the dashboard to test them out, like the gamification, and the Latest Uploads channel.

@lrnlab in the post above, did you use your own images? and if so, do you know what the dimensions are?  I’m struggling with uploading images for the widgets.  Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@lrnlab in the post above, did you use your own images? and if so, do you know what the dimensions are?  I’m struggling with uploading images for the widgets.  Thanks!

I made my coffee cup images (above) 1440x900 (@240dpt) and then set the min height in the widget at 175.  From there I let Docebo do the rest.

The other images are 300x44; I’ve since removed them from my dashboard, so I don’t know what I did with the min height of the widget.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

yes...they are...the original images vary in size. what you need to remember is that the content box image zooms in from the centre of the image so you can use almost any size. Docebo will crop it to fit the  available space. If you use something around 400px x 800 px, that should give you enough room to work with.

Also note that since this widget can be resized in height you don't always want an image that is too perfect for the space as it may get grainy or cut off around the edges due to the zoom down by Docebo

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi all,

I’ve done a similar hidden “Super Admin” page only with a bunch of widgets and links. 

Very useful and allows me to be anywhere and have the links handy.