Question

And YOU? - using Articulate RISE in Docebo

• 26 July 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

As previously posted in

Articulate RISE has courses you can modify, but now also courses that are whole cloth and supposed to be ready to go. NOT ME : (1) don’t want to spend any money on 3rd party content; (2) actually launched it to everyone already, with very little content;.

As I am a NOOB to Docebo, I’ve yet to try and add it to Docebo as … yeah, like this: is it [Rise course] is a Training Material that you put in a course? Is IT a -course-? CAN it be an asset?

Just looking for any (from) best practices (to) dire warnings.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi - you can add a Rise course as a training material. The training material you add to a course. The best practice on how to work with your containers are somewhat of an implementation choice...alot of folks stick with one training material to a course. Many do many training materials to a single course and you have a training material act as an end marker (by better/best practice).
So training asset versus training material - I think it all comes down to “tracking-capability”. With Rise courses, you will gain alot more “tracking capability” if you output it to SCORM from Rise and import it as a Training Material. I wont lie - I dont even know if you can upload it as an training asset.

In theory? I think most leverage DCS for informal and social learning….you can have a course in a channel today which kind of blends channel solutions, but I think for some folks that work with DCS on a regular basis can speak to it better.

By the way - your findings about Rise 360 courses?

NOT ME : (1) don’t want to spend any money on 3rd party content; (2) actually launched it to everyone already, with very little content

1. Those Rise 360 courses are free.
  2. I will be the first to say where the content is not the deepest (139 courses and over 550 lessons in March 2022 and I know there is more today)? It is an intriguing layer of soft skill training that we didn’t have before 2022. And because it is editable? It acts as something that you can further curate and brand as your own...which makes me come to the conclusion it is a worthy asset in the arsenal of things we have at our disposal.
    Because you can bring together lessons and courses in anyway that you would like to stack them even before reaching Docebo? You can build learning programs around them.
  3. They also have a stack of roughly 20+ Next Big Idea courses - they feel a little bit more like true third party content because they do have some heavier attribution behind them….but, they are also free...and their titles? Are modern and intriguing. For example - the Culture Code is a commonly prescribed book that concentrates on high performing teams….and yep they have it….with the author actually talking you chapters with visuals and short stories that are intriguing to say the least.

Folks - I am not paid by Articulate in anyway shape or form. Before 4 years ago? I was an Adobe Captivate purist that had IDs join my shop and showed me that it made sense to consider having a “blended” rapid e-learning development solution shop. Heck I went to Adobe Captivate meetup events at Adobe headquarters in NYC before then to act as a voice of the customer.

My note is more for those just starting in the soft-skills space. If you have even one license of Articulate 360 on campus? You owe it to yourself to review it...every person we have done reviews with content that came from that library? People are impressed in my org. If it can fit in and this note helped? Then that is great.

Userlevel 1

I am a huge Articulate Rise fan also.  You can create a course from content already included.  And if you already subscribe, it is free.  What I like most about Articulate Rise is that it is a rapid e-learning development solution.

You can use the full courses that have content included, or you can go to individual lessons and create your own course on a topic (Extremely easy).  I just finished one on Problem solving and just clicked what lessons I wanted to include.  

I needed to create a specific course about a an online security issue we were having.  I went to rise and choose some pre made content, added our specific issues, and wham… done.  

When you enter in Docebo, you can do it different ways.  We download it from Rise and then put it in the Course Repository.  But you can also build your course on Docebo and then just upload the course into training materials. 

Good luck

Dr. Laura