Question

How Do I Add Udemy Courses to Catalogs

• 24 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Good morning!

I have set up our Udemy for Business connector but am coming up blank for how to embed courses into our catalogs, learning plans, etc.

I’ve searched for guidance on the knowledgebase and DoceboU but have come up short. 

Any guidance folks who are using this connector may be able to provide would be greatly appreciated!

Michelle

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@michelle.franz - after you have run the initial sync, from Udemy to Docebo, you should see a 1 to 1 match of course to LO.

From each Course, you can assign into a Catalog by clickng on the Catalogs tab and the + icon in the upper right:

Another way to assign Course to Catalogs is from the Course Catalogs app. 

Userlevel 2

Thank you! Now that I know this, I have found that our connector isn’t syncing which is why I’ve been struggling to find the courses. I appreciate the help!

Michelle

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

You’re welcome and happy to lend a hand. Certainly, if the courses are not yet syncing, that’s a good place to start. If you aren’t able to start the recipes our Support team is available and are happy to investigate with you further to get things working.

Userlevel 2

Hi everyone! Do you have any tips on managing the Udemy courses’ difficulty levels? This field can’t be synced with Docebo automatically, so I wonder if you have found workarounds.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hey @Iryna,

I am curious about this difficulty field, on Udemy side, as I cannot see it within their API docs.

From a Docebo perspective, and not supported out of the box, you could look to map a Course Additional Field value to the Udemy “difficulty” field. It is something you would need to edit within likely both the course creation and update steps of the Udemy <> Connect recipes.