Question

Notifications for ILT courses (e-commerce)

Badge

Hello everyone,

I am trying to set up notifications for ILT courses based on e-commerce but any of the notifications (user and power user) are received. _However I did a test with a ILT course not based on e-commerce and they worked perfectly, has anyone had the same experience with that and how you managed it?

Thank you

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Just to clarify, did you mean “any” or “none” of the notifications are received?

My first question with notifications is usually to ask if you have the notification set for “all courses” or just selected ones.

Badge

Hi @elamast sorry I meant none. Yes, it is set for “all courses”.

I have just noticed that the emails are triggered on the ILT courses non based on e-commerce, is it possible that you first need to check the transactions and approve or reject them in order to trigger the notifications? It is the only way I have been able to receive the emails.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

That’s really weird.  Here are some other things to check…

What is the notification trigger?

Do the intended notification recipients have access to the course that’s not generating notifications?

By the way, I just discovered that the “NewEcommerceTransactionCreated”, “...Deleted”, and “...Updated” triggers we had in place are no longer valid.  Time for a new Docebo ticket. 😯

Badge

Hi @elamast Yes, they have access to the course. My point is that I have noticed (correct me if I am wrong) that the notifications for courses based on e-commerce are not triggered until the transaction has been approved by the superadmin, I am just wondering if there is any chances to send those notifications prior the transaction approval. Hope that makes sense.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @elamast ... the notifications for courses based on e-commerce are not triggered until the transaction has been approved by the superadmin....

That is one difference.  We don’t have any approval needed for an eCommerce transaction.  Once the person pays, they’re in.

Badge

@elamast May I ask what payment method you use to sell your courses, is it paypal or debit card? Would it affect differently if the payment method is an invoice?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

@elamast May I ask what payment method you use to sell your courses, is it paypal or debit card? Would it affect differently if the payment method is an invoice?

We use the Cybersource (credit card) gateway for our payments.  There’s a ~20 minute delay while the order clears.  We also have some automation that checks for the transaction to complete and notifies the admin if it doesn’t within that time period.

Badge

Understood… I think the fact of using the invoice payment method makes it more manual. Thank you very much for your help though, I will keep digging into it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Ah ha!  So you have those as Wire Transfer (we’ve relabeled to PO)?  We also have that option, and that is a difference.  (As an aside, it’s interesting that a receipt is automatically available to those users, but notifications are delayed until the transaction is marked paid/completed.)

If you always approve those transactions, it wouldn’t be too hard to rig up automation through the API and your favorite automation tool to do that part for you so that the notifications go out faster.  If you don’t always approve, then you’ll be stuck with the delays until a manual review happens.