Best Answer

Problem. Username does not save after updating

Userlevel 3
Badge

Have you experienced this issue: Username does not save after updating?

email is configured as the username in the platform

A student requested to change his username/email address but it keeps on reverting back to the original even after saving the changes.

I change the new email, when saving the username remains with the former email

I already tried by clearing cache, cookies but still getting no results

@Bfarkas @lrnlab @Annarose.Peterson 

icon

Best answer by KMallette 9 March 2023, 17:11

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I have not encountered the same issue; it can only occur if the source is HCM, and the record keeps updating every system refresh. If the user account has been manually created, then it should update once the user detail is manually updated. Maybe you can try updating via CSV? If error persists, you can raise with Docebo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yep, I would agree with @jlreonal.  If your profiles are being created/updated from an integration or feed from an external system, the email/name change needs to be made in that external system. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

I had similar when the SSO provisioning was overwriting changes made manually.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Isram are you saying that you manually update the username and email, then click SAVE and only the email is saved?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@IsramI have a similar problem … One of my testing accounts can’t ever remember the ‘repeat password’ content. Any time I edit the account that field is red stars and needs me to update it. (I don’t use HRIS for user accounts; we self-register)

The closest I have found to getting my password to stick is to 1) make whatever changes I need in the account, 2) make certain the password is in place, 3) sign out of my admin account, and 4) log in with the username of the problem account. SOMETIMES that gets the password to stick.

In your case, are you updating BOTH the username and email address fields with the new address? Re-reading your post makes me think you are updating only the email address and expecting the username to follow suit. I’ve never seen that work. We just update both fields.

Another idea … put the changes into a .csv with the current username/email address, and use the new username field to change it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@KMallette I get too but think it’s more about the browser’s ‘save password’ where it tries to fill in those fields ...sometimes it happens, sometimes not...

Userlevel 3
Badge

@lrnlab I want to change de email therefor the username. ( my platform is configured mail=username )

Lets say current name and username:   user1@xx.com

I want to change it manually to: user1a@yy.com  , when I click save (and the green notification appears)  the following appears

username: user1@xx.com

email:  user1a@yy.com 

It does not save and match as it suppose to be 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

I just tested this on our platform and was able to change both the username and email address without any problems. I wonder if the browser is auto-filling the username as @lrnlab suggests.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Isram we don't use that option...have you tried turning it OFF and then making the update? If that works, you may have identified a bug. Either that or try using the CSV import to make both changes at once. I use the CSV import to change usernames and it works very well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Isram

“ In your case, are you updating BOTH the username and email address fields with the new address? Re-reading your post makes me think you are updating only the email address and expecting the username to follow suit. I’ve never seen that work. We just update both fields”

My platform is configured so that username=email address. as yours is. When I update the username it does NOT update the email address.

You have to manually update both fields, as i mentioned above.

Userlevel 4

We use the email address as the username. I just had the same problem attempting to change the username on an account where the user had already changed their email address to their new email. The only way I could get the username to change was with a .csv with three columns: 

1. The old email address mapped to Username
  2. The new email address mapped to New Username
  3. The new email address mapped to Email Address
Userlevel 4
Badge

I’d be curious to see what happens if you use a different browser. Remove the possibilty of the browser being the problem.