Remove "SCORM" from training material view

• 27 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi everyone! 

I was wondering if anyone knows how to remove the word “SCORM” from the display of training material in a course? 

I’m concerned that this might distract users as they wonder what “SCORM” means. 

meaganp 1 year ago

Oops, I see there is a similar post to this 

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

we didn't remove it as the label is tied to the admin screen as well; but we did change it to “Course” via Localization app

Userlevel 1
Badge

Oops, I see there is a similar post to this 

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

We found this a little confusing for our end users as well, so we changed it to say “Interactive Video (SCORM)” instead of “SCORM” using the localization tool.  We originally had completely removed the word SCORM, but once we started letting external clients create some of their own courses, they kept asking about how to add SCORM packages, so we went with the combined name to hopefully make it less confusing for users and Power Users.

This is how it displays when we add a SCORM package as training material on a course:

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Path to change via Localization tool:

Admin > Localization Tool > select Translate icon next for English > search for “SCORM” > scroll through the results and look for the one highlighted below.  Click on it and change the translation to what you want it to say instead.  The translation shown below is what we chose to use.