Question

SCORM 2004 3rd Edition Issue

• 22 January 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge

One part of our business we’ve recently acquired uses Captivate. I’ve received a SCORM 2004 3rd edition package I can upload and play as training material. Unfortunately upon completion of the course, its status remains In Progress. Has anyone else ever encountered this problem?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hi @Thammo I have been lucky, but I am going to suggest an approach I would use to review whats going on.

Suggestions -

1. go back to and check what the completion criteria is
    1. If you can check if the completion criteria if it is set to INCOMPLETE/COMPLETED vs PASSED VS INCOMPLETE. Older systems I have worked with were only happy with an iteration of INCOMPLETE and COMPLETED. You may want to be sure that Success Criteria is NOT turned on.
  2. take the SCO into SCORM cloud and test it there.
  3. try it in Docebo and watch the CMI interactions from the training material reporting.
  4. there is a setting in Docebo that tells the Course to go to completion when that Training Material goes to completion. I would say turn it on. (Caveat - It may be redundant if the SCO is they only thing in the course.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @Thammo please check your captivate package to make sure that you have at least one slide that includes a trigger to mark the course as completed. You can also check when exporting the course to SCORM to see that the settings include the Pass/Fail settings.

this might help to get you started: https://community.adobe.com/t5/captivate-discussions/lms-marking-courses-as-complete-but-they-are-not-actually-completed/m-p/11299724

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@lrnlab - we must have been writing at the same time.

I bow to your greatness…..lol.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@lrnlab- we must have been writing at the same time.

I bow to your greatness…..lol.

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: