Session/Event names

• 16 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I have searched in Community and found some posts but wanted to see if there were any updates.

We offer sessions in several countries (Europe, London, Australia, and the US).  We have users that are just not grasping that 12:00am is not 12:00pm.  

We use to say the date/time and put Australia friendly but that text was frowned upon eventually and we wanted to indicate differently.  I even use to use EST 12:00am / AEST 10:00am but then it can be confusing for the notifications as well.

Any suggestions?  

Thank you so much!!!

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Might be best to ask the users to check the time in the LMS itself...it will display in the users time zone and they can toggle to the originating time zone as well..

You might also look to use the mobile app to allow users to check start times more easily from their phones.

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

Hi @monica.cheek  does the LMS know which time zones your users are in or are they all in on the same default time zone ?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Yes, @Stephen.Barton , our users do have THEIR time zone setup and not the Eastern default that I use when setting up courses.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I think the problem is our users are clearly not paying attention to the time zone when they pick a session. @lrnlab and they are not paying attention to the notification they receive.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

this is how we set out our events, so as a UK person I'd know I’d have to get up very early to attend this APAC session.