Using E-Signature for policy compliance

• 11 November 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi! We have a need internally to acquire e-signatures for a policy. We currently use e-sig for a portion of our onboarding, and our legal team provides us language for the e-signature. But we haven’t exclusively created a course with a policy & e-signature solely for compliance purposes.

Does anyone do this? Any feedback or ideas?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@simone.yaghi - a question for you - does your request need to match any fed requirement - that is where the esignature component becomes a best practice/approach? If it doesnt? I can show you how we do it. DM me for the detail.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

we haven't formally rolled this out but keep in mind that when you activate eSign on a course, it cannot be disabled. Just be sure it’s what you want/need and prep your users to know how and what they need to follow the process (it comes with an authenticator app for a code, or can be verified via email, etc.). Can be a bit cumbersome for your non-tech users

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Agreed @lrnlab we use it for onboarding now.. thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@simone.yaghi - a question for you - does your request need to match any fed requirement - that is where the esignature component becomes a best practice/approach? If it doesnt? I can show you how we do it. DM me for the detail.

Hi,

Happy to come across this. We just wanted to add one of our policies and have our clients to sign in the platform. It would be ideal if it auto sends back to us or at least gives us some sort of notifications when they sign and we can download a copy. Is e-signature only practical for courses? Do we have to convert our policy to a course? I appreciate if you can guide me through this. 

Thank you,

Teresa

Userlevel 2

Adding my thoughts and experience with e-signatures… We have them added to courses where required by regulation. e-signatures are only available at the course level, not document level.

There are some anomalies with respect to course setups in ILTs, but yes if the settings are correct you can manually evaluate then require e-signature.

In terms of signing policies, I have been *very* protective of our LMS such that it does not turn into a controlled document system (which it is not). Having said that, several departments have used it for that purpose by creating a short training material (my requirement), adding the policy and then creating a quiz at the end “I have read and understood X.” Unless you *need* an *e-signature* for FDA compliance, I highly recommend using that approach (i.e., for HR and Safety, etc.).