Best Answer

Extended Enterprise Implementation

Greetings, Everyone! We are reaching out to see if anybody within the community is willing to connect and share with us their experience implementing the Extended Enterprise with multiple domains. We are getting ready to implement it but we would really like to have a conversation with the ones that have gone through the process.

icon

Best answer by KMallette 15 June 2022, 17:51

View original

12 replies

Hi Ilonka

Hope you’re doing well!

I’ve worked with several clients to build out the extended enterprise functionality within Docebo.

• A few important things to know is you will need to plan on creating at least one “Branch” for each extended enterprise.
  • You can configure the UI uniquely for each extended enterprise
  • You can configure a different SSO, registration, for each extended enterprise.

If you’d like to discuss further, please feel free to reach out to me at dlibengood@eskillz.com

Thanks!

Dave Libengood

Sr. Consultant

eSkillz

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@ILonka S.  I’m an administrator for two Docebo instances, both of which use Extended enterprise. These tenants support both internal and external users.  Feel free to DM me if you want to chat.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @ILonka S. 

we use the extended enterprise for our customers.

I think that it is really useful in order to customize the platform, but keep in mind that you can’t change everything with that, there are some advanced setting that are available only in the main platform:

• if you redirect the user to another page during the logout this is for all the platforms
  • if you use the Gamification in the main platform you can enable that in the extended enterprise (however you can hide it with CSS)
  • If you want to change some words in the localisation tool, this will affect all the extended enterprises

These are only some examples, if you want more information feel free to contact me in a DM or to send me an email at eleonora.maggioni@apprendere.eu  

Thank you! 😁 

Userlevel 4

The real question is,  when setting it up and you want it to go to a new URL not a subfolder or something like that,  how did you get Docebo to make this work.   We seem to be hitting a brick wall with technical support.  It is like no-one has ever been trained on Extended enterprise in Docebo.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @Eric M VanAuken,

Do you mean to use a new domain for the extended enterprise? It is possibile, you should use a third level domain, the setting are the same of the domain in the main platform. Could you explain the issues you found?

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Eric M VanAuken 

Hi Eric, I just opened a support ticket with Docebo about this. 

I am assuming the subfolder does not work well. We may need to set up a dub-domain or a new domain. We need to pay to buy the domain first before I can even see the url page. 

I am testing with the sub-folder as I don’t need to pay for a domain SSL yet. 

The issue for me is the user registration does not work. There is a mandatory field users need to select but no items is list in the drop down list for Role. 

Anything similar from your side? 

Thanks. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Dlibengood 

Yes so I created a new branch and map it to the sub-folder Extended Enterprise. 

Now the issue is on the url for this subfolder, user registration form, it asks users to answer a mandatory questions to select their branch/role. We re-worded the term branch in our system to Role. 

But there is nothing showing up in the role/branch drop-down field ;(  what a horror!

Anybody understands me ? 

Thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Gracie WADA Hi, Gracie … you problem is that your subfolder is 4 “levels” down the chain and Docebo only supports 3.  I’m sure that is confusing.

Level 1: wada-ama.docebosaas.com
Level 2: wada-ama.org
Level 3: adel.wada-ama.org
Level 4: adel.wada-ama.org/sloado

Subfolders are not a good choice when you have a custom domain and then use EE to create clients. The best thing to do is to create a branch (for the client), and then select New Domain from the Create dialog. The path would look like: sloado.adel.wada-ama.org … Then have your IT team build a CNAME record on adel.wada-ama.org for sloado.  You don’t need to buy any new domains.

As for the Role drop down … Are each of the drop down items folders inside the branch? They won’t appear automagically … you’d have to put them into the additional field drop down as a choice.

If I can help further/better by voice, feel free to DM me and we can set up a meeting.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks so much @KMallette  for your reply. 

Finally the sub-folder worked for us since it is at the red level. Docebo confirmed that a sub-branch will display on both parent domain and sub-domain and suggested to use CSS code to hide it. That’s what we did by using custom CSS to hide the sub-branch so they don’t display on the parent domain. It worked for us for now. 

I did ask our IT team to created a CNAME for sub-domain, just for me to test and see how everything works. 

For now, I am progressing alone with the sub-domain, and can update once it is all set up. 

Thanks and have a good one!

Gracie. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

We are using Extended Enterprise for 1 root domain and 3 EE domains (at least 2 of which have custom domains). We have SSO set up for each of the domains. I’m in the process of documenting our standard model since we may have additional EE domains in the future. I’ll share it when it’s done.

@JKolodner Can you share your document about the custom domains. I am interested in learning more about it. We have a need to configure custom domains for our international locations in Mexico. Our main domain is in US.

Thanks

Userlevel 5
Badge

Unfortunately, I’ve been sidetracked by other priorities. But I’d be happy to answer any questions you might have. Just DM me and we can chat.