Best Answer

How to Manually Mark Learning Path as Complete

• 16 April 2024
  • 7 replies

If I mark users as having completed courses in the course management tab, and these courses are also attached to a learning path, will the learning path be marked as complete? We are importing user completion history and need a way to mark learning paths as complete for users who have previously completed them. Thank you in advance for any advice!

icon

Best answer by trainerlissa 16 April 2024, 16:13

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi there! 

This is something that I have to do daily as a part of my admin tasks, so I have some experience with it. :) 

Yes, if you manually mark the courses complete in course management, the learning plan will also be marked complete (once 100% of the courses within it are completed, of course). 

The certificate, if you have one associated with the learning plan, will have whichever date of completion is associated last. So if you have 2 courses on Monday and one on Thursday, it will have Thursday’s date of completion. 

Hope this helps! 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Yes, that’s the way to do it. There’s not a way to do it at the learning plan level, so you would have to mark them complete on each course. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

What @trainerlissa said. I do this all the time for testing purposes.  The other thing you can do with imported learners is to create an external training and import your learners there. This works well especially if you want specific dates tracked and your learners don’t need access to the course, just a completion in it. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Greetings, I am curious why you are marking them complete manually? Is it because it is an ILT that needs an instructor evaluation?

@dwilburn We are currently importing user history to transfer all course and enrollment data before launching the new platform.

@trainerlissa You rock! Thanks for the advice. 

Userlevel 1

@trainerlissa You rock! Thanks for the advice. 

Truly anytime. :)