Question

Notifications attached to a course

• 2 April 2024
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi

Is there a way to see what notifications are linked to a course without having to select each notification individually?  I would like to see under Course management, when I select a course the notifications are displayed somewhere here.

Thanks

9 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi

Is there a way to see what notifications are linked to a course without having to select each notification individually?  I would like to see under Course management, when I select a course the notifications are displayed somewhere here.

Thanks

Hi @Suzy_q - I am waiting to see this too, but sadly there isnt a way. But there is an idea posted, which you can upvote on. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

This would definitely be nice, but unfortunately there is no way.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Suzy_q  Sadly no, but I also posted an idea about learner notification organization. If you agree, please vote for it - I too work with a lot of LNs and would like the task to be smoother. 

Userlevel 2

I am waiting on that update since 2021 - and to sort notifications. Let’s hope it comes soon - crossing fingers! 

Userlevel 1

Notifications are the bane of my existence today. I wish there was an easier sort & find method, especially if one is associated to a course/learning plan. I find that I actively avoid making new notifications because the management of them is so labor-intensive and tedious.

Userlevel 5
Badge

I agree the notifications area could use a face lift, much like we are seeing in the new Learning Plan interface.

The two things that helped mine is using a scheme for the code that helps me see what is what, and changing Advanced Settings > Advanced Options > Max number of elements per page = 100.

This last one put all of the notifications on one page so I can see everything at once.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

We all have been wishing this for years.. Watch it be made available as yet another ‘Premium’ feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Yes, definitely a gap in functionality here.

There is this idea asking to add a notification tab to the course properties:

https://community.docebo.com/ideas/notifications%2Dtab%2Din%2Dcourse%2Ddetails%2D1382

We have been keeping a spreadsheet that lists all of our notifications and the category of courses that would be assigned to it.  In our case, since we have so few notifications it is not too cumbersome, but I can imagine it not being fun to manage that outside the system once you get to like 30+ notifications in the system. :-(

Oooo wouldn’t that be nice to see them in Course Management under each course. As often as I can I mention the need for an updated notifications system for countless reasons. Really hope they’re working on it and they release it at Inspire, i’d be beyond thrilled. Everytime I have a request to create a new notification for a team or customer I dread the tool.