Skip to main content
Question

API integration with Sendgrid

• 17 June 2024
  • 1 reply

Is there anybody with experience in the integration of SendGrid API with Docebo? 

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello Wimvanborm,

Andrew here from Docebo Premium Support, and I wanted to reach out to let you know that your question is heard! I completely understand the necessity of API as a middleware to connect Docebo’s LMS to other systems, such as SendGrid.

I highly encourage you to open up a Support Ticket with an explanation of your use case with SendGrid. We have a variety of technologies that can assist with an integration need such as this:

• There’s a Connector for Docebo Connect that handles a lot of the heavy lifting for you alongside onboarding packages that will allow you to get extremely custom with it. This would be a discussion to have with your Customer Success Manager, and it comes at a cost.
  • There’s also a variety of exposed Docebo API endpoints that would let your team build something yourselves if that’s more your preference. This is where you’d open a Support Ticket with details of the SendGrid API’s you’re looking to call. We’d then help walk you through what endpoints are available in Docebo to surface that information. While your Customer Success Manager can help to get resources for this as well, a Support Ticket is an excellent starting point to get general information about our API.

I’d also add that SendGrid as a service is an excellent way to manage email delivery, authentication, privacy and security. If you’re comfortable sharing a bit more here, I’d be happy to go a bit deeper, however I would advise going the Support Ticket route as that’s more secure.

As well, I’d want us to get a bit more in-depth on your use case to see if our existing Notifications app meets it, as you’d save a lot of time in setup. You can even route our existing notifications through a custom SMTP server, which may also work with SendGrid. Ie, it would be a good way to connect to something like this: https://sendgrid.com/en-us/solutions/email-api/smtp-service. Our Support team can also guide you on where these settings are in Docebo. We also have this Knowledge Base article here that goes over the settings for custom SMTP.

In other words, please feel free to submit a support ticket via the instructions in this Knowledge Base here, and we’ll be happy to assist further :)

Best of luck with your integration!