Best Answer

Block Users from Screen Capturing content.

• 9 August 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2

Hello everyone,

We are looking into finding a solution that blocks users from taking screenshots of our content within our Docebo Lms. Is anyone familiar with an application or custom connector that we could integrate into our Docebo connect platform that allows us to block screenshots?

Thank you in advance! 

icon

Best answer by KMallette 9 August 2023, 22:24

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@ltproberto Screenshots (and the ability to capture them) is part of an operating systems … like Windows or Mac iOS, not of an application. While there are some ways of doing this on a mobile device, computers don’t seem to have that functionality. Google searches might be your best bet on learning more.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I don’t see this ever being truly achieved.

The browser will never know if I am using my phone.

If they want it that bad - they’re getting it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@ltproberto Since you can’t really prevent this from happening, the next best thing might be to really know who it is that is accessing your content. For example, if you content ‘for official use only’ (aka gov’t security compliance required) you can implement SAML 2.0 (aka single sign-on) which will require additional Docebo administrative and IT coordination to register the learners in your platform. You can implement SAML 2.0 for any of a number of reasons, not just FOUO.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Agree that this is a big issue and one that is very hard to solve. One potential deterrent, but not a foolproof solution, is dynamic watermarking. Learn doesn’t have anything like this at the moment, but there’s an idea you can vote up if you like.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@ltproberto Hopefully all of your content, like every “slide” contains a copyright statement.