Question

Outlook & Connect - Updating any part of the ILT causes all new invites to go out to learners

• 12 April 2024
  • 7 replies

So recently we had an ILT with 11 events require a small update to something on the backend (changing the attendance requirement to be 9/11 events instead of 11/11) and all our learners got a flood of new invites from Docebo.  This is obviously not ideal as we’ll likely need to make small changes like this every now and then. 

The ILT was “under maintenance” when these changes were made and yet the invites still went out. Any thoughts on the issue here?

7 replies

Userlevel 4

I’m sorry to hear this happened. The same is true for sending Notifications from inside Docebo directly. I always turn off “send Notification when an event changes” because of this, so it’s not a Connect/Outlook issue.

@TrishAH - thanks - support said that this is the expected default behavior...which seems ridiculous to me. They are now saying I need a custom recipe to fix it….

Userlevel 2

@TrishAH - thanks - support said that this is the expected default behavior...which seems ridiculous to me. They are now saying I need a custom recipe to fix it….

I just wanted to say thank you for sharing this information. It is not something we have experienced yet, but being aware of the consequences is important. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

it’s the same as if you did the changes manually….each time you click ‘save’ and if you have have that notification enabled (ILT Session changed), users will be sent an updated invite so Connect works the same way...unfortunately...

Thanks for the replies. I just checked and we don’t have any notification setup that is related to ILT Session changed. I am waiting for an official response from Docebo.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Jesse Ruben - Interesting, thanks for sharing. I have a notification for changes to an ILT and I thought that was what was driving all of the notifications.

Userlevel 3

@Jesse Ruben Just wondering, did you have a look at the audit trail and spot anything unusual? I’d assume it should be possible to see from there what actually triggered the notifications.