Best Answer

Worktango Integration

• 29 January 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hello, there!

I was wondering if anyone in the community currently has Worktango and if you’ve found a way to integrate it with Docebo, whether by API’s or otherwise? Worktango is a rewards platform, where users can give points that can then be spent on prizes, for reference.

icon

Best answer by Ian 30 January 2024, 09:41

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I don’t have experience with WorkTango myself, but I was curious to see what their API looks like. From what I’ve found so far, at best it will depend on what exactly you want to achieve via an integration.

For example, with regards to Sending Recognition (creating a post - see page 31 of the attached PDF), note this caveat:

NOTE: This method only makes sense in the context of an OAuth based session (ie, a logged in user). If Basic Auth is used to make this call, then the company “API” user will be used (and since the API user has no sending or redemption balance, the call will fail).

If I’m interpreting that correctly, this means that peer-to-peer recognition from within Docebo is out of the question.

However, if you can create a user that represents your Learning Management System (to be clear, I’m not 100% sure if that’s supported or not), perhaps you can endow said user with a virtually unlimited sending balance, and configure some automation to, for example, translate gamification points earned in Docebo into points awarded in WorkTango?

Something like this would be made much easier with Docebo Connect, if you have it, and it would cost you a custom HTTP connector. But I’m not aware of any existing integrations for this.