Best Answer

A catalog of courses, that can't be a course yet

• 28 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I see this idea was put up quite a while ago.

What are you all doing for this challenge?

Imagine you have effectively a catalog of topics/courses offered on location for customers. The date and location isn’t set until interest is expressed. So, no sessions can be created. This is not an ecommerce thing, the customers are internal.

How do your customers tell you what they want so you can create the sessions or maybe even a new course for their people to self enroll?

Do you use Docebo for that, or outside processes?

icon

Best answer by Neil Patterson 28 April 2022, 12:47

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

We have a few courses that are run when there is sufficient demand.  We set up the ILT, but with no sessions.

Our users can then enrol on the course, which automatically puts them onto the waiting list as there are no sessions to sign up to.

We get a weekly report then showing wait lists.

We used the Localisation tool to change the wording if there are no sessions available, and a bit of CSS to make it a bit more obvious 😀

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

We have a few courses that are run when there is sufficient demand.  We set up the ILT, but with no sessions.

Our users can then enrol on the course, which automatically puts them onto the waiting list as there are no sessions to sign up to.

We used the Localisation tool to change the wording if there are no sessions available, and a bit of CSS to make it a bit more obvious 😀

I like how that looks!

I have to admit I struggle with the Localization tool. There are about 9 places that could be where you made this change. Can you tell me if it was the ‘standard’ or ‘classroom’ modules you changed?

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

I like how that looks!

I have to admit I struggle with the Localization tool. There are about 9 places that could be where you made this change. Can you tell me if it was the ‘standard’ or ‘classroom’ modules you changed?

Looks like we did all of them!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

This was the CSS to make it stand out a bit more if you want it too…

/*No sessions in ILT text amendments - START*/

div.session-text.text-grey-mid.ng-star-inserted p {font-size:1em; font-weight:bold;}

/*No sessions in ILT text amendments - END*/

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Shotgun approach. That works. THANKS!

Userlevel 6
Badge +2

If in doubt - get out the shotgun! 🤣