Best Answer

Adding text to the login page

• 15 December 2021
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 3

I need to add verbiage above the username and password to say ‘All Internal Employees, please click the SAML SSO button to login to your training. All external users to Panasonic please enter your username and password. ’… Or something link that. 

I can’t find any language or guide to show where to put this to add this type of text.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by gstager 15 December 2021, 23:06

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Something like this or a little more fancy?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This can be done with the Localization Tool.

Click the Gear Icon in upper right

Then choose Localization Tool on the left side menu under Settings

Click the hamburger button for your language

Then if you do a search for  “please insert your username” - it should be your only hit

Now you can replace that with your own message.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 3

OMG!!!! Thank you. I wasn’t even thinking in the Localization tool. @gstager 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@JenniferJames - Most welcome. Glad I could help.

I have come to find that the localization tool is quite the mighty weapon...

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

This is such a handy thing and absolute gold. I feel this tip will help me reduce heaps of helpdesk tickets about simple issues due to slightly re-worded text in a few places. Thanks a million.

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

@gstager I also appreciated your answer to this post from @JenniferJames. I have a use case related to this but slightly different. I would like to add the following text to the login but include an external link to a products and services page if the user isn’t signed up with us. So something like this:  “Please enter your username and password to proceed. Don't have an account? click here to learn more about our products and services.” I can’t see a way to add a hyperlink to text in the localization tool. Any ideas. Or, maybe this isn’t the best way. Anyone else out there handling the situation where you want a login page that allows a user to learn more if they don’t have an account already?

Userlevel 6
Badge +4

So I see that @Adam Ballhaussen answered this question over in this post: 

And it worked like a charm! Thanks Adam and @gstager for the help here with this. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Cindy McElhinney - Ya know… I really like the public pages - problem is - you need to display a catalog to “turn them on”.

I think that is a great place to offer some initial help or direction. You could easily do plenty of links there. Better look and feel perhaps could be generated - throw in a video.

I would love to have public pages without the catalog view.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

So I see that @Adam Ballhaussen answered this question over in this post: 

And it worked like a charm! Thanks Adam and @gstager for the help here with this. 

That is a good reminder that you can use HTML tags within the localization tool.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Anyone have experience with this in Extended Enterprise? Need to change one log-in page but not the other...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Anyone have experience with this in Extended Enterprise? Need to change one log-in page but not the other...

I do not have extended enterprise so I am unable to help discover an answer for you.