Best Answer

Anyone build a group criteria that says if the person does not have these statuses with a Learning Plan?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

I am used to mapping in a group because a person has been enrolled in a learning plan. Has anyone had luck to help filter out people that would be part of a “duplicate, snapshot” learning plan.

The use case is we have a contingent workforce that are working with us on a work order basis (and not a new employee /.term basis) - a person can have multiple work orders throughout the year and come and go….so I want to avoid deploying a n LP to a person that has already taken an equivalent “snapshot” learning plan .

The two LPs actually have the same learning objects - so that makes it easy - and the records are kind of clean - but if I can filter folks from the group side of the story? Then I believe I can avoid enrolling them again if they already took the content in question.

So by them not taking an LP or having these statuses with an LP? It is one of the pieces that will contribute to eligibility moving forward.

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 9 May 2022, 17:10

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hmmm, don't think there is any way to create an “excluded” group. you may need to get fancy and perhaps base adherence to the group based on some other criteria; meaning your 2nd learning plan would be assigned to all, except those in the group...not sure if that makes sense at all...almost like you need to build a placeholder course to gather those that should be assigned vs. the rest…

If you can't get around this, could yo make sue of the equivalencies so that if they are assigned, they would at least show up as already done?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hey @lrnlab This discussion just saved me a few clicks.

As usual - spot on

The only condition is essentially an “or condition” that we can establish by saying the person is eligible IF they have an enrollment with any of these statuses for a course (not even an LP).

Thank you for catching...no need to hit my head against the wall.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

And no need for equivalencies in this case - as both LPs have the same training materials.

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

anytime @dklinger 😀

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

And no need for equivalencies in this case - as both LPs have the same training materials.

assume you're hosting these in central repository? So that once the LO is completed, it appears as competed everywhere it is used? For once this may actually come in handy...lol...