Complete LMS Revamp

• 26 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Curious - has anyone ever completely revamped their LMS experience after the initial build? We’re trying to do this right now and I just wanted to see if anyone else has felt this pain?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@kschweiger You aren’t alone 😵

I’ve been using the platform for about 5 years, an EE instance (two actually), and I certainly deployed the second one (to EMEA) based on lessons I learned supporting the first one (deployed to US). Some of the audience configurations have morphed in our US instance, and now I find myself having to recall whether any given audience was built with “plan A” or “plan B”.

I’ve taken advantage of situations (like when I update a learning plan to ADD a course) to change the rest of the configuration (like groups/branches, catalogs, enrollment rules, even notifications) to “plan B”. Everything will eventually be “plan B” … just takes long when you have to do it with a live platform AND everything else that happens day to day.

Any challenges in particular that you’re having?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

By revamp do you mean graphical? If so, yes; I’ll ask Monday if I can show off!

@KMallette yes - so hard doing it in the live version. i wish i could do it all in sandbox and change everything (vs making two versions) and then push sandbox to production! 

no particular challenges, just curious how many others have done this and if they found any best practices.

and @lrodman - graphically, visually, etc. but all the new versions feed togehter in a much differnt way than teh previous version. so we can’t really launch the new version until it’s complete and it’s hard doing it all in the same platform (since i don’t think sandbox can push to prod)