Contest ideas?

• 13 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi! We launched our LMS this Spring and have been running some monthly contests and drawing winners from participants to receive prizes since to encourage use and exploration of the system. I thought I’d see if others have some ideas on different aspects contests could be run using.

So far, we did a contest in which users had to complete one elective course to be eligible for the drawing.

We also did a “scavenger hunt” type activity where users had to answer questions and navigate through the system. Questions included things like “what search results do you get when you search for _____?”. I had users download a document with the questions and then upload it has an assignment, so they also got exposed to how that works in Docebo. When I draw the winners, I will verify that the winners completed the assignment, though answers are variable, just to be sure they did the leg work. 

I was planning to run a contest next based around the skills center, asking users to share some content, but unfortunately that feature was downgraded last month and the contest won’t work as planned. 

I could still do a contest where users share something to a channel, but I’m not overly excited about the options for that right now. 

I am also considering using something like Kahoot (I actually prefer Aha Slides) to run some kind of quiz or trivia game through the LMS. 

I’d like to do something with badges for doing different things in the system (not just taking courses, but commenting on posts, asking questions, etc.)

Anyone have some good ideas on contests I might run? 

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Right now the contest options are so limited there isn’t a whole lot our organization can do with them, though we really want to. There is supposed to be an update to Contests later this year that will greatly expand the kinds of contests you can do, which we’re excited for. I like your ideas above and might borrow one, lol. 

Thanks! That’s why I thought I’d post :-) I might get some ideas and others might get some too!

My company only has about 130 people, so anything I can run a report on I can call a “contest” and it doesn’t need to necessarily be part of Docebo’s contest options. Then I just use a random number generator and pick winners from the report.