Best Answer

How do you manage redundant material?

• 7 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

After our inspectors complete their Initial Certification Learning Plan we will be assessing them in a VR environment on their inspection process and accuracy.  This VR assessment will identify where they may need remediation.  If we assign them a specific remediation course that uses the same material that was in the Learning Plan (from the Central Repository), it will be marked already complete.  The only way I know to avoid this is to upload a second copy of the material designated for remediation.  But now I have REDUNDANT material which could lead to outdated material.

How do you keep track of redundant material to ensure that if a change is made to the training it gets updated in ALL locations?

Is there a trick that I am missing?

To avoid the redundancy, I could use the same resource, but add a SURVEY to the remediation course.  Surveys can be tracked LOCAL.  But the training resource will still show as “complete” in the course, only the survey would need to be completed.

Does anyone else deal with this?  If so, how do you get around it?

icon

Best answer by abartunek 10 June 2021, 13:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@tschoone have you looked at the Certification & Retraining app? It allows you to set a period by which users would need to complete a set of courses...you can allow them to complete the same courses or not...that might be interesting for you...also, it sounds like you may benefit from the Observational Checklist for your VR sessions...do you use those?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’m with @lrnlab on this one. The only good and easy solution I see is using the Certification & Retraining. What I would like to add is just to make sure you combine it with Notifications for expired certificates.

It’s quite easy to test actually as you can create a certificate that is valid for 1 / 2 days and a notification that goes out 1 day before it expires. Assign the course to yourself and see whether you like it or not :relaxed: