Question

Offering learner's option of VILT or ILT.

• 9 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

We started using an LMS during the pandemic when all courses were either asynchronous or VILT, but we are now returning to office with some flexibility. We are offering learners the option to attend in person or virtually. 

Is anybody doing this and if so do you have any advice on setting up the course (multiple courses vs multiple sessions vs single session multiple events), attendance tracking, communication with learners, etc.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @sbessen you can use both types at the same for the same event if you like. I tested this and it works but havent actually used in real life.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Typically break it down by class type is a course, i.e. if its the same content just be presented over and over at different times, that is the course. The session becomes the recurrences of the course, and then you use events if a training is split into segments, i.e. one session is across 3 days and I must attend them all to get credit.

For the hybrid setup, you can check both the physical location option and the Video Conference Tool option for a single event which gives all of the information to the registered users and works well.

I also know some people that just left this setup as the Video Conference Tool only and then let the in person folks join form their phone or something to trigger attendance recording, otherwise you have have to mark the attendance for those in person users later.