Skip to main content

Hey everyone, I’ve seen some talk about this in previous posts and would like to bring it up again to determine whether you’ve found a workable way for Docebo to accomplish policy attestations or have found an alternative tool for this purpose.

In previous posts I saw a suggestion to use a single question test with one right answer which is quick and easy but unlikely to be useful from a legal perspective. This is our current setup and the legal weakness is why I’m on the hunt for a better solution.

I have also looked into the e-signature option and while it seems a bit better it still doesn’t satisfy the need to produce a document with the attestation and some kind of signature on it.

Another option and one I like the least is having manual submissions on these where a person verifies a signature and marks a person complete because this will be an enormous time sink for new and annually refreshed policies.

At this point I don’t think I can give legal what they want with the LMS and given that others have dealt with this I’m hoping some of you might share your solutions.

I’m interested in this question, too.

Our previous LMS had a policies & procedures module. Unfortunately, we did not get the P&P completion data during our outboarding, so I have to have all employees attest to the P&P again.

This is actually a good thing, as there are legacy employees who have not seen updated policies. 

I’ve got two different versions that I’ve been testing:

1. A SCORM course that presents slides and policy documents, and has a final yes/no quiz for doing the attestation
  2. A course that uses Docebo tools to present similar information with a yes/no quiz for attestation. 

I want to avoid using Docebo e-signatures because many of our employees do not check or use their employee email address. 

I don’t want to use a third-party tool either. I’d prefer to do the P&P signoffs and renewals in Docebo. 

I also do not want to do this through the T&C or initial login checkboxes, as those do not present the user with policy documents/ 

Hi @hchewni interested to know what you do not like about the single question test option. Can you elaborate?

Hey @lrnlab, I like it just fine, it’s simple and easy to implement. Our legal team does not like it; they want a signed document with the attestation language on it. With the test option the best you can get is a screenshot of the test answer or a line on a spreadsheet. 

Hey @lrnlab, I like it just fine, it’s simple and easy to implement. Our legal team does not like it; they want a signed document with the attestation language on it. With the test option the best you can get is a screenshot of the test answer or a line on a spreadsheet. 

Agreed. My organization is fine with the yes-no quiz question, as the policies and procedures are set up as an e-learning course. When an employee completes this course, they’ve done the attestation. 

Hmmm and they don’t like the reports? You can get the test questions + answers in a proper report by user. 

@lrnlab apparently not. I generated a report for the test to demonstrate it contained names, email addresses (usernames), our attestation text, and an individuals answer but it was not sufficient. I think at this point my only option is to push them towards a policy management tool with attestation tracking that will present it in the form they want. 

@hchewni sounds like it if neither the test nor eSig options are acceptable for them.

@lrnlab apparently not. I generated a report for the test to demonstrate it contained names, email addresses (usernames), our attestation text, and an individuals answer but it was not sufficient. I think at this point my only option is to push them towards a policy management tool with attestation tracking that will present it in the form they want. 

@hchewni Curious if you’ve found a solution for this or decided to go with a policy management tool with attestation tracking, as you’ve suggested. My legal department is of the same mindset as yours in that they prefer some sort of signature shown inline with the attestation language.

If you’re using a tool outside of Docebo, would you mind sharing which one you’re using?

I’ve also had the thought to go the manual submission route. Agree that it relies on a lot of manpower to verify, but I’m hoping that after one round of manual verification, it might change the attitude on what is necessary for reporting purposes. 

Would Assignments work? They do require a manual evaluation but if you plan on buying another tool, this may be able to achieve the same results?

Would Assignments work? They do require a manual evaluation but if you plan on buying another tool, this may be able to achieve the same results?

Assignments with a manual evaluation is where my mind was going, too. I think our preference would be to avoid sinking cost into another tool, though the manual labor of reviewing 5,000+ assignments during our annual compliance campaigns might justify the cost. 😵💫