The next Friday dilemma - xml error from comslider?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Anyone else out there in the community that uses Comslider seeing an unexpected xml error?

<Error>

<Code>UserProjectAccountProblem</Code>

<Message>

The project to be billed is associated with a delinquent billing account.

</Message>

<Details>

The billing account for the owning project is disabled in state delinquent

</Details>

</Error>

I would hate to pull the widget...but this makes people think something is broken (and yes we pay our bills 🤣). I have reached out to their support...but we may be pulling the widget in the next 45 minutes or so if we can figure it out.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Seems like a misflag from comslider side if your account is up to date. Prob not much to do on Docebo side other than a temp replacement until you can have comslider support fix you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Other random thought, is it possible that particular slider is not in your actual account that is currently paid for? Have seen some folks build using multiple accounts, and one goes delinquent for instance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thanks @Bfarkas. Yeah this is a definite learning moment for us - it has been consistently there for us? But the company is in the Eastern side of the EU? And I think it is already later Friday night.

It stinks that it is happening - but we have had worse happen overall.

We are developing a backup plan to keep us afloat for next time - involving the rotating banner approach by @gstager and others OR we will just settle into using a static image to hold us over.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Yup, its one of those times we could have limited or simple scripts. Its a simple failback test situation for sure that could definitely have at least a static image. I do it with a couple of my iframed tools for like maintenance windows or service outages, but I handle it on the tools end, instead of Docebo which i don’t like.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Just an FYI - this disappeared as soon as it appeared….by Saturday we pushed a change and reloaded our widgets successfully. Call it a hiccup? Well it taught us a lesson that we need to stick by ensuring that we have documentation in order to support a downtime as well as a fallback image for each.

Thanks @Bfarkas for the Friday convo.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

fyi, i meant to circle back and forgot, I was helping a different org with something else and they were seeing the same thing, so sounds and looks like the company was having a service issue. a little alarming they didn’t tell you when broken or fixed. 

Userlevel 2

Glad I found this thread because we just experienced this as well. Since it’s right on our homepage, it’s rather embarrassing when it happens (we’ve seen it twice now). I emailed support three days ago and no response. But, like you said @dklinger, it disappears somewhat quickly (I think it was less than 24 hours).

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@AnneG - same thing. We saw it last Friday. I think it is important to have a standby ready for action...and thats about it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I keep hearing about this with comslider

Does this happen even with their lifetime account?

Starting at a new org and starting to rethink implementing com slider now…

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

https://community.docebo.com/ideas/idea-built-in-basic-image-slider-7634

This issue continues to happen sporadically within our comslider widgets. It has happened around 4 times in the past year. I email the comslider support email but have never heard back. The issue seems to resolve itself after 24 hours or so.

Any tips on ensuring this doesn’t happen?