Best Answer

Your question of the day? Duplicating courses

• 5 January 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Hello everyone,

When you duplicate a course, you get a chance to copy along the enrollments.

Has anyone used that feature? As in - does it bring along the completions as well as those that are subscribed and in progress? Or does is it set everyone to subscribed in the new course? Maybe there is an idea in this question somewheres. :grin:

icon

Best answer by pmo 1 March 2022, 22:14

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Enrollments that are copied over will not include results. The idea is that this could be useful when you have a course that needs to be taken year over year. You duplicate the course and the existing enrollments. Or perhaps you have a course where that only managers take that course and you'd like to use it as the structure for a new manager course. You can duplicate the course and copy over the enrollments at the same time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Thank you @pmo 

Userlevel 5
Badge

Enrollments that are copied over will not include results. The idea is that this could be useful when you have a course that needs to be taken year over year. You duplicate the course and the existing enrollments. Or perhaps you have a course where that only managers take that course and you'd like to use it as the structure for a new manager course. You can duplicate the course and copy over the enrollments at the same time.

This is true for most situations… Here is the situation that caused me trouble last year: if you have content in the course that when the learner completes it, it marks the whole course complete… and if that particular content is in the Central Repository… then when you duplicate the course and use that same content, it will mark the course complete, because that training material is there marked as completed.

I only caught this when I noticed that the entire organization magically completed an annual course on the first day I assigned it. I thought they were finally being receptive to all of my emails about completing courses as quickly as their schedules allowed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Dahveed- what a humorous outcome. Day 1 - everyone got it done. Must have been a little scary at the same time.

Userlevel 5
Badge

@Dahveed- what a humorous outcome. Day 1 - everyone got it done. Must have been a little scary at the same time.

Panic-inducing