Upcoming Planned Maintenance for Docebo Learn (OCT & NOV 2023)

• 25 October 2023
  • 26 replies

Userlevel 4

When is the Planned Maintenance scheduled to take place on the platform? 

Docebo is planning maintenance to Docebo Learn platforms in two separate windows as part of our MySQL 8 upgrade. This upgrade is taking place in order to take advantage of the latest security, stability and performance improvements. 

Please see the below table for dates and timeframes, which may result in up to 10 minutes of downtime to your Learn platform. To minimize disruption, this maintenance will occur from 9:00 - 13:00 CET.

Region Time

October 30

October 31

Enterprise Plan Platforms - US (Virginia) Region [ECS us-east-1]

9:00 - 13:00 CET / 4:00am - 8:00am ET

November 6

November 8 

Enterprise Plan Platforms - US (Virginia) Region [ECS us-east-1] 9:00 - 13:00 CET / 3:00am - 7:00am ET

Will this affect any functionality of the platform?

The maintenance window could affect any functionality of the platform. During the maintenance window, you may experience up to 10 minutes of downtime where you may be unable to login, take courses, or configure the platform.

Where do I get more information about this? 

If you have any further questions, please open a ticket with our Customer Support team via the Help Center. Note that you can always find important dates related to your Docebo platform on the Product Updates page on our website.

26 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@samantha.murray in the next week, Europe will already switch to wintertime, while US ET will be in the summertime till Nov/5. Hence on Oct/30-31 9:00 - 13:00 CET converts to 4:00 am - 8:00 am ET

Badge

Sorry, I'm not familiar with these region codes. Does this mean that the European servers are not affected?

Userlevel 2

Thank you @alekwo for the clarification! You are correct, apologies for the confusion. We have corrected the times in the message above.

Userlevel 2

@Lena you are correct, the European servers will not be affected at this time.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi all!

Our platform is showing “Under Maintenance” at this time (Nov 9th) - I didn’t see maintenance for this time being listed, just wanted to ask about it?

Userlevel 2

Hi all!

Our platform is showing “Under Maintenance” at this time (Nov 9th) - I didn’t see maintenance for this time being listed, just wanted to ask about it?

Same here. Update please???

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Heya Same for us =( 

Our platform is also showing up as “under maintenance” and it’s outside the windows listed above. 

Hi all!

Our platform as well -- looking for updates as to why this is interrupting users during normal business hours and not during the previous listed maintenance window.  Thanks!

Userlevel 2

Our site is also down and receiving the same message.  What is going on???  We have classes in progress and just lost access. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Our site is also down.

Ours is also showing under maintenance for both production and sandbox.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Same here - and we just imported 200 new users - how long is it going to be down? We need an update please!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@samantha.murray can you provide some info please? all out customer sites are down without any warning...

Userlevel 3
Badge

We are back up. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

same here...back online...

Userlevel 2

Not a peep from a Docebo person… interesting

Userlevel 2
Badge

We’re back up too,

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@roxyharper let’s hope it’s because they were busy fixing the issue…??

but I agree that communication was definitely missing with this outage...hopefully we can get a proper explanation of what happened… @erin.brisson ?

Also concerning is why the status page showed operational without outages.  I am wondering, is the issue something that is not measured by the status page?

Userlevel 2

@roxyharper let’s hope it’s because they were busy fixing the issue…??

but I agree that communication was definitely missing with this outage...hopefully we can get a proper explanation of what happened… @erin.brisson ?

Yeah, I mean unexpected outages are unfortunate but they happen. I’m not upset about that. I just find it strange that there wasn’t even a “we’re aware of it and are working on it” message. I find that less than reassuring.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

We are also back up online. Wooohoo
Based in Amsterdam 

Userlevel 2

We are back up also. Docebo closed the ticket without any explanation of why site down. They really need to improve communication. 

We are back up also. Docebo closed the ticket without any explanation of why site down. They really need to improve communication. 

So it looks like now the status page is showing a disruption.  This is what they have so far:

Userlevel 4

Hello everyone 👋🏻 

Our apologies for the delayed response here. I wanted to share that yesterday’s service disruption was unrelated to this planned maintenance, which has been completed successfully and without issue.

As posted above, there was an issue with platforms hosted in a specific region that caused some platforms to become inaccessible. The issue has been resolved. As soon as more information becomes available on the service disruption cause, we will link to it here for visibility.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. Please do not hesitate to reach out to our support team should you continue to experience any issues with access to your platforms.

Samantha