Best Answer

Access to file repository items before enrolling?

• 30 December 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Is there a way to provide access to the items in the file repository course widget before someone enrolls? Or if not there, is there a way for a user to access documents before they have to enroll other than demo material - which is limited in size and number if we have more than 1 item in the file repository widget? I see the course description and the content in the course as options to view before enrolling. Thanks in advance for your help.

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 30 December 2023, 18:53

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Links in the course description is probably your best bet. I don’t think the file repository widget is the way. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Agree, you need to be enrolled to access the file repository...if you have Coach & Share you can use Channels to post your docs outside a course.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Agree, you need to be enrolled to access the file repository...if you have Coach & Share you can use Channels to post your docs outside a course.

I don’t think DCS would help here though

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

If they have it, they can include a link to the channel asset(s) from the description...

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

If they have it, they can include a link to the channel asset(s) from the description...

Ah! Good call!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks! We don’t have DCS yet but I am exploring using the preview material button - renamed to download PDF- if there is only 1 document in the file repository or if more than 1 document, merging them, as long as it still fits in that small preview material file size.