Question

Access training material in an ILT course without a session

• 15 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello Docebo community!

I currently have courses that were given before as live sessions prior to setting up the platform and may have future sessions but not at the moment. As such I have created an ILT course with training material on the course but no planned future sessions yet. Is there a way for people to access the training material prior to creating any future sessions?

6 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi Nada!

When there aren't any sessions in an ILT course but the course has content as training material - the learners won't be able to see the content unless they are enrolled in and up an coming ILT session and this is expected behaviour.

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Q: Can you just make the recording a course? 

Userlevel 2

Users can’t access to the recording neither if there isn’t any session where they’re enrolled

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

In the new course preview mode you can add training material and learners should be able to see that training material (under syllabus)  regardless if there is a session or not =) Hope this helps 

Userlevel 2

Hi Cheney, yes it’s true, you can see it but you can’t open it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Ahhhh right, I didn't realise this - I was testing whilst in Admin mode, which in that case everything is clickable. 

I suppose then perhaps creating a waitlist session with a end of year date perhaps so that folks can access the training material. 

Otherwise perhaps you are better off creating a standalone eLearnning course.