Best Answer

Accessibility: Hide courses that are part of a learning plan

• 15 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1
  • Helper II
  • 26 replies

The “My courses and learning plans” page in user accounts show both learning plans and individual courses that the user is enrolled in. Some of the individual courses are part of a learning plan and they appear both as an individual course and in the learning plan.

Some of our participants in one learning plan have cognitive disabilities that make it confusing for them to see courses in two places. Is it possible to hide courses from the “My courses and learning plan page” if they’re already part of a learning plan? This way, users only see the learning plan and navigate to individual courses from there.

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 15 January 2022, 18:58

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @LSP If you use the Course & LP widget on your pages, you can hide the courses that are part of an LP

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

D’oh! I completely missed that. But good to see it’s that simple. Thanks!

Userlevel 2

Hi  - @lrnlab @LSP  apologies for hijacking your thread, but it didn’t seem that old!

This doesn’t work on our platform. Am I missing something?

I have that option checked for the page widget, but as soon as a user enrols on a learning plan, all the courses are unpacked in the course & LP widget

LP in catalogue (pre-enrol):

After enrolment, this is what shows in course & LPs:

This is how the widget is set:

Any help appreciated!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

I think you should enable the 2nd option to hide the courses inside the LP...have you tried this? Also the user has the option to show or reveal the courses on their end.

Userlevel 2

Thanks @lrnlab  - Can't believe I left it “off”. I’ve toggled it so many times to show people, I think I forgot which way is up and which way down! 😵

Happy to be called out on that - could have been there a while before spotting it myself.

Is that widget the only place you get that functionality though?

On the built-in “courses & learning plans” page view, they are all unpacked

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

think the users can set that as well on the my Courses page