Question

"Ajax' error on report

• 23 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi folks. I keep getting ‘Ajax error’ notifications whenever I try to run a report via Course>Reports>Training Material Statistics. I’ve already submitted a ticket, currently waiting on some resolution. But in the meantime, does anyone have a workaround?

I’m guessing no, I don’t think there’s anywhere else you can get this info, but a PowerUser is asking for some guidance here & I’m not really sure what else i can do but ask.

Regards,
Nate

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Just tested and don't see that...that’s an odd message...not sure what that relates to but found this…

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Yeah, I actually only see it on certain courses/objects, which makes it kind of infuriating. It might only be on tests, but it doesn’t affect all of them. which makes it even more difficult to troubleshoot…

I think I came across something similar to the screenshot when i first reported this issue...not sure what it means for me, but maybe it points somehow to which learning objects might be affected.

I just encountered the Ajax error today on some of the courses in the Course>Reports>Training Material Statistics section. I agree, this is a strange error and one I’ve not seen before. I seem to be getting the error on all of the courses, so far. I did clear out my browser cache and that wasn’t the issue, so I’ll be submitting a ticket on this one.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’ve encountered this error (along with a few other admins in our platform) over the last few days as well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @millipore-stephen & @SLozano 

I had to look up how this was resolved, it was a while ago that i had experienced it.

But I created a ticket and essentially they said it was a known issue.so unfortunately all I can say is submit a ticket.

It looks like it took about a month to resolve, but i think the ticket history only shows one-month intervals, so it might have been more like 2 or 3 weeks.

Also I should note that I only ever saw it on one specific course, so it wasn’t debilitating or anything, just inconvenient. I’m not sure if you’ve checked if this is occurring everywhere or just on select courses.

Hi @NateC,

I submitted a ticket and we are currently going back and forth on what is causing the issue. I am seeing the Ajax error on multiple courses. Support did suggest that I change the setting for Domain Management to “managed by the platform”. I made the change and am still encountering the error message, so am unsure as to what is causing it. I am in the process of checking additional courses to see if it’s just a batch of courses or all of them.

Userlevel 1

I have been having this error for about a week now. Its especially problematic when trying to verify what xAPI reports are showing on user interactions. Support simply states they know its a problem and they will get back to me. Seems like a recurring problem they should look a little deeper into. 

Just get that error while looking into the training materials statistics of a course. Will log a ticket.

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

I’m getting this error on training material from the central repository and the content marketplace. Not on the original SCORM file that I uploaded into the central repository. Has anyone had any good answers as to why this is happening?