Question

allow power user to see Learner view

• 25 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

I have a power user who is set up to edit and manage a particular elearning course.  Although she can indeed edit, she cannot see a preview of the content.

What permission do i need to give to allow power users to preview a course (click the learner view button)

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hi @KTJD I have a PU role that does not include Course EDIT and they can see the Learner Preview...have you included Course - View & Catalogue View?

this is what my role looks like:

@lrnlab and @KTJD on the topic of the Learner View button, I wanted to share an Idea I just posted re: the functionality of this power user feature.  I would appreciate your review of the idea and an “upvote” if you agree with what I propose.

Learner View - Change Functionality or Button Name | Community (docebo.com)

Does anyone know specifically which PowerUser settings will allow you to use the ‘Learner View’ feature? Do you need to provide full Enrollment permission to enable this for a course developer?

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

@morlowski not sure exactly which permissions but I would say you need view course + create enrolment at the minimum...it’s a bit of trial an error when testing permissions.

Userlevel 3
Badge

My team is talking about something that I think is related to this:

When you click on learner view, it enrolls that user into the course, so if the power user permissions do not allow the person to be enrolled in that specific course, they wouldn’t be able to see it.