Best Answer

Allow user to retake a course after x amount of time

• 29 July 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have a course that is set up as a test. It contains a SCORM package which is restricted to only 1 view. The SCORM package doesn’t report a score to Docebo. I evaluate the data from the SCORM package manually so the pass/fail isn’t decided or automated in the platform currently.

I'm trying to think of a way I could automatically allow people to take the scorm package again after x amount of time if they fail the test.

Any ideas?

C.

icon

Best answer by lrnlab 29 July 2022, 18:47

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 3

Great question!

We also use SCORM assessments, which do return a pass/fail mark successfully.

In a previous LMS we could ‘lock’ a completed attempt for a specified period before allowing a retake, this was really useful.

Hoping to get some interesting answers to this one, thanks for asking it!

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

HI @ChristinaC you can do this with a native Docebo test however for content with a SCORM package, you do a reset for the user after you down the initial course results...not great but it should allow you to maintain your current settings and follow up on those who need to take your test again.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@lrnlab thanks for the response! I did play around with a test to see if that would work but I couldn’t find a way. Could you enlighten me? 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Ooooh, hang on, I get it. You mean this is achievable with a test, but not on a scorm package. For scorm  I’d need to reset the status of the learning object to allow the learner to take it again.

is there no way to achieve this “unlocking” at course level?

Userlevel 3

HI @ChristinaC you can do this with a native Docebo test however for content with a SCORM package, you do a reset for the user after you down the initial course results...not great but it should allow you to maintain your current settings and follow up on those who need to take your test again.

I’ve been pretty much doing that, but when you have over 50 people taking the test at a time, monitoring and resetting for retests manually is quite an administrative task.